Updated: Oct 6, 2019
Mental Health Association in PA is hiring
MHAPA has an opening for an External Advocate at the state operated juvenile justice facilities. External Advocates are independent advocates that provide assistance and support to youth receiving services at the state operated facilities. The position is full time but two individuals sharing the position and responsibilities would also be considered.
The responsibilities for the position are to:
· Ensure the fundamental rights of the individual receiving services in the state operated facility,
· Help youth and their families with questions, concerns, and complaints regarding care and treatment,
· Help resolve concerns and complaints,
· Work with individuals and others to facilitate the transition back to the community, and
· Provide technical assistance and education regarding rights to individuals, their families and the facility staff.
The ideal candidate will have advocacy experience, knowledge about the PA juvenile justice system, reporting, organizational and data entry skills. A college degree is required. We are an affirmative action employer. Individuals of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume and salary requirements by October 18, 2019 to:
External Advocate Search (subject line) firstname.lastname@example.org
*This position is not affiliated with PA Parent and Family Alliance